From Aim to Impact
Our Annual Conference was held June 1, 2017, at the University of Minnesota Continuing Education Conference Center in St. Paul. The conference included Keynote Speaker Frank B. Cerra, MD and Featured Guest Speaker Chris Wendt, JD, Esq. Scroll down for downloads: conference agenda, speaker bios, presentations and handouts.
From Aim to Impact
Conference of the Upper Midwest Healthcare Legal Partnership (HLP) Learning Collaborative
Thursday, June 1, 2017
U of M Continuing Education and Conference Center, St. Paul
Welcome: Eileen Weber Overview Presentation
Keynote: Frank Cerra Health Requires More than a Team of Healthcare Professionals
Moderated by Meghan Scully Interprofessional Collaborations: Silos: Good for Corn, Bad for People
Moderator: Colleen McDonald Diouf; Panelists: Senator Jim Abeler, Lindsay McLaughlin Healthcare Policy Update
Panelists: Paul Schoenberg, Kevin Switzer, Julia Draxton, Shar Wallack System Exemplar: CentraCare
Chris Wendt Closing Remarks: Opportunities
Additional sessions without downloadable files:
- Moderator: Lindy Yokanovich; Panelists: Lindsay Flint, Theresa Eckstein, Erica Idso-Weisz Healthcare Legal Partnerships for Chronic Illness
- Moderator: Leah Goldstein Moses; Panelists: Larry Nichols, Ben Chapman, Jeanne Larson, Paul Schoenberg Burden of Proof: Managing Data and Measuring What Counts
- Moderator: Theresa Hughes Patients' Perspectives: Panel of Patients Served by HLPs
- Moderator: Theresa Hughes; Panelists: Ana Pottratz Acosta , Laura Melnick, Kerry McGuire Immigration Update: Protecting the Health & Safety of Non-Citizens
- Panelists: Lindy Yokanovich, Larry Nichols, Paul Schoenberg, Kevin Switzer Funding & Sustaining Your Healthcare Legal Partnership
Educational events are scheduled upon request, please let us know if you would like a speaker for your group, conference, or other event.
"Stone Soup: MLP in the Dental Home" Jeanne Larson and Anne Hoefgen presented at the National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership Summit in Indianapolis, IN, on April 7, 2016.
"The Medical-Legal Advocacy Screening Questionnaire: Evaluating Efficacy" Bryan Polkey presented a poster at the National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership Summit in Indianapolis, IN, on April 7, 2016.
"Healthcare Legal Partnerships" Eileen Weber, Colleen McDonald Diouf and Karen Bonfil Ruiz presented at the Many Faces of Community Health conference on November 4, 2016, in Minneapolis, MN.
"Healthcare Legal Partnerships: Advancing Health Equity "Eileen Weber, Colleen McDonald Diouf and Karen Bonfil Ruiz presented on April 4, 2017, in St. Cloud, MN.
Eileen Weber discussed Healthcare Legal Partnerships as part of her presentation at the Nursing Practice in Chaotic Times conference on April 7, 2017, in Minot, ND.